Details & FAQs
Covenant House Toronto’s Main Mission is a two-week community fundraising stream campaign from May 1-14 that culminates with a 12-hour live gaming stream-a-thon taking place on May 15.
The initiative brings together professional gamers, content creators, casual streamers and their audiences to help raise funds and awareness for real, everyday heroes – youth experiencing homelessness, survivors of sex trafficking and those at risk.
Anyone can participate in the community campaign, utilizing Main Mission resources and assets to lead their own fundraising stream campaign!
Then, on May 15, tune in to the live gaming stream-a-thon to see professional gamers, popular content creators and celebrity guests come together for one mission - to help raise funds and awareness for the incredible youth supported at Covenant House Toronto.
How to join the Main Mission
1. Sign up here on Donor Drive and become a Main Mission Streamer! You can register as an individual or start your own stream team.
- Host fundraising streams that raise funds for homeless and trafficked youth served at CHT
- Customize your campaign page and stream overlay with Main Mission assets, and encourage your stream viewers to donate to your campaign through fun and creative challenges and rewards you can access in Donor Drive
- Download our Streamer Toolkit - it has everything you need to get started
2. Tune in to our live gaming stream-a-thon on May 15 from noon to midnight EST, featuring some of the biggest names in the Canadian gaming and esports communities streaming on behalf of the youth at Covenant House Toronto!
- Features professional gamers, popular content creators and celebrity guests playing some of the most popular video games, all for a great cause
- Chances to win prizes, experiences and streamer shout-outs by viewing, participating and donating at any time during the stream-a-thon
- More details will be shared ahead of May 15!
3. Spread the word about Main Mission on your social channels and get your network to join in on the fun!
- Follow our Twitter page @CHTMainMission and our Twitch channel Twitch.tv/covenanthouseto
- Download our Streamer Toolkit, which also includes social media graphics and messaging to help you get others to join the Main Mission
Who can participate in the event?
Main Mission is meant for everyone! Whether you are a veteran streamer or are just starting out, any one can join the mission and raise funds for homeless, trafficked and at-risk youth.
What is the fundraising minimum?
There is no fundraising minimum to participate in the event - all contributions are greatly appreciated. Participants who raise over $250 will receive our Streamer Prize Package, which consists of some great Main Mission merchandise you can wear to show off your support for a great cause!
What can I do if I want to help but don't stream?
We welcome everyone with a passion for giving back to participate in any way they can. If you don't stream, no problem - join the Main Mission by starting a fundraising campaign around an activity or act that motivates you. Contact us if you have any questions about how you can get involved.